I ask because there appear to be various inconsistencies between the documentations and products. Here's what I know thus far:
- The Crowdsource Reporter ReadMe on Github mentions:
Users can access the content anonymously, or authenticate using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or ArcGIS credentials. Authenticated users gain access to additional functionality, such as My Issues - a list of all reports they have submitted.
- While over at the Solutions for Local Government site, their Get Started Guide to Configure social media sign in states:
The Crowdsource Reporter application allows users to sign in with social media credentials (Twitter and Google+)...The guide goes on to describe how to configure Google+ credentials in the Google Developer Console... No mention of Facebook or Twitter (though it seems Twitter doesn't require any external configuration)
- Yet, back a page in the What's New section, the March 2019 release indicates:
Remove support for Google+
- So, when I attempt to configure the Crowdsource Reporter template through my AGOL account, I see mention of Google+ but nowhere to input the "Client ID" I obtained following the Get Started Guide, only Twitter. No Facebook either...
- However over on my Portal (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1), I've got configuration options for Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
Can someone clarify which social platforms are indeed supported and where (or maybe at what versions/releases)? Perhaps Allison Muise can shed some light on this?
- Twitter - seems to have been supported without any external configuration
- Facebook - not in AGOL, but remains available in enterprise at 10.6.1 but configuration details seem to have been wiped from the esri sites
- Google+ - mentioned but not configurable in AGOL. Remains available in enterprise and still shows up in the documentation
This all comes about because Facebook logins in this app would be super useful to my organization, as the community we serve is all over FB. Google+ would be nice-to-have, but not super important... Twitter; sure we might enable it but I'm less certain folks in our community use it all that frequently. And ideally we would like these to work with AGOL as our portal is not publicly accessible.